Friday, March 4, 2011

A letter to the Pope

Dear His Holiness the Pope,

Through this letter I like to thank you for stating in your book that the Jewish people are acquitted of the crucifixion of Jesus. Yes, now I am relieved. Catholicism is today no more anti-Semitic. The Jewish people have a new friend. How wonderful, who would believe this? Although I wonder what the Catholics will still hold together, what will unite the people?

Maybe His Holiness wrote this because we have a common enemy so it is better to form a coalition with those who killed the son of God? Those who so stubbornly refused to admit to the truth. So obstinate that they were even prepared to give their lives for this? No, anti-Semitism is part of the Catholics and as such I rather keep it. Until now I knew where to place them, but now I am a bit confused.
To refresh my memory:

- Crusades
- Blood libels
- Inquisition
- Pogroms
- Cooperation (certainly no opposition) to Hitler

Oh these are just a few little things. In fact, now I just forgive and forget because now everything changed. I feel appreciation and gratitude to His Holiness.

The Jewish scholars have, long ago, given us very good advice: "respect them but watch out for their intentions".

Nevertheless let me look at the future, what will be the attitude of the Catholic Church from now on towards the Jewish people and the Jewish state?
Will the Catholic Church continue to condemn Israel for their "crimes"?

Who needs enemies with such good friends?
Sincerely,

Lea Farkash
And on behalf of my ancestors who were murdered during autodafe's.

No comments: